Communities of Google Plus

Chat with World Gardener's at my G+ Community: Our Tomato & Vegetable Gardens.
A G+ Community for Promoting Your Work: Gardening Blogs, Videos & Websites

Search by KEY WORDS - Vegetable Name or Garden Interest!

Daddykirbs Google Plus Profile Page Daddykirbs YouTube Channel Page Daddykirbs Pinterest Page Daddykirbs Twitter Page Instagram

Monday, December 16, 2013

60 Seconds or Sow: How to Use Baking Soda to Fight Powdery Mildew

60 Seconds or Sow: How to Use Baking Soda to Fight Powdery Mildew

Baking soda can be used as an effective anti-fungal. It changes the PH level on leaves which often disrupts how a fungus reproduces. While it may not always cure the problem, when used properly it can greatly slow the progress of a fungus, such as powder mildew.




I have use this for a decade and have not hand any problem with using 1 tablespoon to 1 gallon of water. Using higher concentrations could damage certain plants. ALWAYS test spray a few leaves whenever you are using a new spray. Wait about 48 hours to see how your plants react.





Visit My Extensive Main Garden Blog: The Rusted Vegetable Garden

1 comment:

  1. Great tip. I got a bad case of powdery mildew on my habanero pepper plants. I tried an organic pest/fungacide and it didn't help. I let all of my plants die, threw out the soil and bleached the pots . I will try to start again and hopefully it's gone but if/when it comes back I'm glad I have this tip to try.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts