Communities of Google Plus

Chat with World Gardener's at my G+ Community: Our Tomato & Vegetable Gardens.
A G+ Community for Promoting Your Work: Gardening Blogs, Videos & Websites

Search by KEY WORDS - Vegetable Name or Garden Interest!

Daddykirbs Google Plus Profile Page Daddykirbs YouTube Channel Page Daddykirbs Pinterest Page Daddykirbs Twitter Page Instagram

Saturday, December 14, 2013

How to Plant Beets and Spinach in Cell Flats for Transplants

How to Plant Beets and Spinach in Cell Flats for Transplants

This is not one of the 60 Second or Sow videos but it quickly shows you a way to plant beets and spinach in cell flats. Once they mature you will be able to put them in your garden beds. It is a great way to save time in the garden.



A method of planting beets and spinach in cell flats. This is one way to grow beets and spinach transplants outdoors for your garden. Get a jump on the season and let them mature in cell flats while other crops are in the ground. This is a great way to maximize garden space. Grow transplants!




Visit My Extensive Main Garden Blog: The Rusted Vegetable Garden

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, Gary. I enjoy watching your videos. I've done them this way myself, but my preferred method, when I have time, is in 2 inch soil blocks and plant more than one seed- multi blocks. With beets you'll have to thin each block to about 4 or 5 seedlings since just one seed is actually a cluster of seeds- I still sow 2 seeds and thin to the best 5. This method works with onions too. They just push each other out of the way. Spinach is nice in multi blocks as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tessa do you make soil blocks. I think I recall you talking about it. If you do, do you what do you use. I might try it this year.

      Delete

Popular Posts